Sunday, May 5, 2013

Choose: PRIDE OR BREAKTHROUGH?





PRIDE OR BREAKTHROUGH? 

If you were to take a balance scale and put “pride” on the left hand side and “breakthrough” on your right hand side, which one will sit higher and which one will lean lower?
Now the deciding factor to that question is determined by how you answer the following:

HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU?

Have you yet come to the point of being sick and tired of “being sick and tired”? If so, are you willing to let go of what is holding you back from experiencing total freedom?



Will you own up to the sin that besets you? Or better yet will you come to openly acknowledge your sin(s) to another? I’m sure this may strike a chord and many will say within themselves “I don’t have to confess my sin to anyone BUT God – He’s the One who forgives NOT man!”  AND yes, God forgives us of our sins but what if I tell you that in doing so you come into a position to be restored, made whole, and healed? Will you then reconsider?

Again I have to ask “How desperate are YOU?"

Don’t take my word for it.  Instead read what the bible says:

"Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]."  ~ James 5:16 - Amplified Bible

It does not say to turn towards just anyone and confess but to confide in a righteous man – one that is living right with God; one that will direct you towards repentance and the truth of God’s Word.

It goes on to further say that it should be a common practice as revealed in this translation:

"Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with". ~ James 5:16 THE MESSAGE

Notice the reference it makes when you do confess and a righteous man prays for you:

"Therefore, openly acknowledge your sins to one another, and pray for each other, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ~ James 5:16 Complete Jewish Bible

It is EFFECTIVE! If it were not true, then why would it be written in the bible? Therefore restoration of mind and spirit will follow.  In essence you will experience a breakthrough!

Listen to me carefully, I am not presenting to you something that I have not walked out myself! I too had to make a choice “pride or breakthrough”! I had to outweigh how desperate was I versus my pride. Was I ready to risk being vulnerable as well as placing myself in a position of being judged, criticized, slandered and gossiped about?  ABSOLUTELY NOT! BUT yet I needed a breakthrough!  I could not live one more day in the condition I was in.

Unforgiveness, jealousy, envy, stubbornness, bitterness, hate, disobedience, rebellion – are just a few of many sins that will lead you to a spiritual death if it goes unattended.

I prayed for God to help me, I cried out confessing my sins over and over but it was not until I took His Word at full value and applied it that I received my breakthrough!

Before anyone starts to think that I am preaching another doctrine let me clarify. I’m not saying that this IS the only way but God was teaching me something through it.  It was more than just receiving forgiveness it was more of ridding me of my pride – a stronghold that if not dealt with, would bring me much destruction in my present life and my destiny in Him!  He was bringing me to a place of humility.  It’s easy to come humble before the LORD but it’s another thing to be humble before man.

I struggled with pride.  The LORD knew how He had to deal with me.  It was not easy for me to openly confess but I chose to claim that promise that if I confess my sin to another, I WILL be restored; healed! So my desperateness caused me to reach out to a woman of God whom I known for years.  I confessed and people of God, three days later I received my breakthrough!

It’s not enough to know the word of God, but it’s in the application of the word in faith that enables us to receive because His promises are conditional although His love is not!

Now I ask you one more time, “HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU?”  Keep in mind while your flesh resists this message that I have shared with you that PRIDE will keep you bound whereas humility and confession can make you whole and healed.

PRIDE OR BREAKTHROUGH? Which will it be?

I pray that my personal testimony will enable someone to tilt the scale towards breakthrough! Too many people of God are walking in bondage because of pride.  Don’t let that be you!