Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stay Focused


The other day during our "First Fruits" prayer line, one of the women prayed with urgency for God to enable us to be focused women.  Focused on Him and focused on what He has for us to do.

The next day I had lunch at a Chinese buffet with my husband.  It is customary to receive a fortune cookie with your bill.  I had pushed it aside at first but something inside me caused me to reach for it and open it.  This was the message:  "A focused mind is one of the most powerful forces in the universe." You can imagine my reaction when I read this.



I do not believe in coincidences! Truly that stirring in my spirit to read it was from the LORD.  The prayer that the woman was led to pray truly was God's desire for us.  He is speaking in this hour to His Daughters to remain focused on Him because He is opening doors for us in this season.  If our gaze is not fixed on Him we will miss the opportunity to walk through.

In Hebrews 12:2 a it speaks of "looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,..".  The word "looking" signifies undivided attention, looking away from all distractions in order to fix one's gaze on one object - it's having eyes for no one but Jesus!

As we know, the enemy seeks to take our eyes off of Him and put them on our circumstances.  He distracts us in various ways.  He clouds our vision so that all we can see is "our self".

Therefore there is an urgency for us to come to that place of focus! Do not allow yourselves to be consumed with your circumstances - nor fear.  For the LORD say in Isaiah 41:9-10 Amplified:

"Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice."

Let us confess and declare this verse:

I KEEP MY EYES ALWAYS ON THE LORD. WITH H IM AT MY RIGHT HAND, I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN. ~ PSALM 16:8


Ladies fix your eyes upon Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith!! To God be the Glory!  Get ready to walk through the open doors in this season!!!! Focus, Focus, Focus!!

Blessings