Saturday, April 27, 2013

FEAR: A Lack of Trust in HIM



I went for a walk earlier this evening and was just talking to God about certain things that were on my heart.  

I said to Him “Why is it that I fear to do the things I don’t know how to do?  I tend to procrastinate and do everything else beside that certain thing.”

He responded “Fear is a lack of trust in Me”

I let those words sink in and what a revelation.  I never really considered it that way.  Did you?


Usually we have a tendency to blame the enemy for placing a spirit of fear on us (we just give him too much power sometimes).We walk around in fear of this “spirit of fear” that has us in a headlock!  We desperately seek prayer warriors who can shake heaven and earth to deliver us from this spirit.  We read books about overcoming fear. We make declarations based on the word of God shouting them so the devil can hear.

But in all reality the breakthrough comes when we trust in the LORD.  We can quote scripture and throw them like spears at the devil but if we don’t believe them; truly, deeply trust what He says – then it goes in vain.

When we fully trust from the bottom of our heart, we come to realize that in essence we cannot do anything apart from HIM.  We can ONLY do all things through Christ who strengthens us!  So that fear of doing something or that fear of something only demonstrates one thing; the absence of trust!

Holy Spirit is the enabler and it’s not dependent upon us to know a thing but to trust HIM to do a thing!

Of course I asked God to forgive me for not trusting in Him.  His response really thundered in my spirit but was so grateful that He did not leave me without an answer.  When we ask, He responds!

Blessings!  Whom the LORD sets free is free INDEED! Glory be to God!


Trust God from the bottom of your heart,
don't try to figure out everything on your own
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. 
~ THE MESSAGE Proverbs 3:5-6