Thursday, April 25, 2013

An Outpouring of Compassion





Early one morning I had a dream that caused me to look deep within my very own heart.
  
In my dream I was staying in a house with people I didn’t know.  I had just come out of the shower and went to my space of the house which included a sofa.  I was laying out my towels – spreading them across the sofa when a woman entered “my space”.  She was looking for a spot on the sofa to sit and she made her way into the corner.  Within me I was offended that she would invade my area without even asking me if she could.  I was so concerned about her removing my towels – an invasion of my personal space – that I could not see beyond myself to see her troubled spirit.   Suddenly, I felt a flow of compassion for this woman and embraced her.


We serve a God who specializes in the “suddenly”.  As much as this dream was for me, I also believe it to be a message to the “Body of Christ”.  

Many of the hearts today have waxed cold – love is scarce if not absent. (Matt. 24:12)  Therefore compassion has gone out of man.  If we truly allowed the Holy Spirit to search our hearts, we will find this to be true.  We say we love; we do things in the name of love; we preach about love but in essence do we walk in the love.  Not the love we have been taught or conditioned to give and receive.  Not the love that places limitations.  Not the love inspired by personal intent.  But the love in which we been commanded to observe and walk in.  “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” (John 13:34) -- A love that is driven by obedience to the One who has loved us first.

Jesus set the example and taught what love is in demonstration.  Every act of love was stirred by compassion.  

“Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him….” –Mark 1:41

“When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.” – Matt. 14:14

“When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them,…” –Matt. 9:36

Compassion compelled Him to move upon a people in need day after day, moment by moment setting aside His exhaustion and need of rest. He stopped to attend to those unexpected interruptions that came along His way – the cries of the destitute (poor in mind, body and spirit). His strength to move forward was given to Him during His stolen moments with The Father. 

Compassion compelled Him to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many.  (Mark 10:45)

“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.” – 1 John 3:16

This is love!  It is a love that is driven by compassion to move beyond our self and serve others - laying down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

My dream demonstrated the lack of love, therefore lack of compassion to see the woman’s troubled spirit.  Distracted by our own personal needs and present circumstances, we overlook those who are lost and broken.  In my dream, I had an agenda: take a shower, lay out my towel to dry and go about doing what I needed and wanted to do.  This unexpected interruption offended me.  My offense shut my eyes to see a greater need and an opportunity to be used to meet that need as a Christian woman; as an instrument of love that I have cried out to the LORD to be in His hands.  

There was a “suddenly” in my dream.  As I believe there will be a “suddenly” - an outpouring of compassion” that will spill into and through the hearts of man.  

In this hour the Father is giving us His heart – a heart filled with compassion and anguish for a people.  No longer will we walk consumed in our own affairs, but like the Master, Jesus Christ, we will be moved – compelled to attend to their need (physically and/or spiritually).  It goes beyond words but in demonstration shall we embrace a people with the Love of Christ.

We have been asking the LORD to speak and HE is speaking.  Now what shall we do with what He is revealing? Shall we heed to His call and respond or will you find it to be a hard word to follow and reject it:  “On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?" ~ John 6:60

For those who have an ear, let them hear the deeper things revealed by the Spirit of the LORD in this dream.  There is much revealed in it.....but at this moment what the Lord desires to speak has been spoken. 

Father, I speak on behalf of those who desire and long after You.  Those who are willing to do all that it takes to fulfill Your will -Baptize us in anguish, love and compassion for the people.  Give us Your heart - Give us the discernment- the ability to see the trouble spirit of those we come across daily.  Cause us to move in compassion to reach, embrace and minister to their need whether physically or spiritually - exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit within us to heal, deliver, and resurrect. Father may the Pastors and leaders be awakened and see the need of the people who sit in Your House. May compassion filled them to speak the truth of Your word and minister to their spiritual need rather than the many agenda’s of activities that solely entertains and lulls them into a slumber.  

Lord may we possess a love that causes us to lay our life down for our brothers and sisters in Christ; that we can truly reflect Your likeness – for other’s to see Your Glory and come after You.  Continue to speak LORD, for your servants are listening.  For those who have surrendered their lives to You for Your will to be done through them, I ask that You strengthen them as they go forth saying what “thus speaks the LORD” and doing what you have ask of them to do……Have Your Way LORD…..In the Name of Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.