Friday, July 15, 2011

An Unusual Divine Appointment

What is a “divine appointment”? It is a ‘meeting’ which was inspired and God led. Divine appointments are supernaturally orchestrated by God with purpose and are NOT coincidental.

Our finite mind narrows our perception of these ‘meetings’ as an opportunity to hand a tract, evangelize and pray for others. Therefore, we pray for these encounters; pack our tracts and with bibles in our hands we venture out.

Although God’s purpose entails sharing the Gospel of Salvation, we cannot limit it to such. That is why we must heed to the command in Ephesians 6:11 to put on the WHOLE armor of God in preparation.

“For we are not wresting with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.” ~ Ephesians 6:12

God’s divine purpose has an end. Meaning that He knows what He has set out to do from the beginning and thus it shall be accomplished. (Isaiah 46:10) Therefore, if we limit our understanding of His purpose for our assignment (divine appointment) and do not incline our spirit man to be sensitive to the Spirit of God, discerning the spiritual struggle, we will miss the purpose! We will be easily detoured from prayerfully warring against the invisible works of the enemy.

The armor of God is not just a passive protection in which we need in preparation of ministering the Gospel to others, but it is to be used offensively against these satanic forces that bound the people from hearing and receiving the gift of salvation.

Allow me to share with you yesterday’s divine appointment. It truly was not what my mind perceived when I had prayed and asked God for one.

First let me say that I have been under the teaching of a particular prophet whose been ministering a series called “Fresh Oil”. Although I will not go into details of the teaching, there is one particular aspect I want to share with you about the significance of the anointing oil.

Throughout the bible, when God selected a new king for the nation of Israel, one of His spokesmen (a Prophet) would go find the candidate. Then he’d state his purpose, and pour some oil on the newly-designated king. It simultaneously symbolized the recognition by some important person of the work and worth of someone else who now has a new, important endorsement and assignment. An example would be in 1Samuel 9-10.

Let me interrupt for a moment to say this “Are we not kings, anointed and appointed for an important endorsement and assignment for the Kingdom of God?” People of God we need to awaken to who we are!!! It’s not being arrogant to state your identity! We have kingdom purpose.

Because of the deep revelation this teaching series has brought, I anointed my head with oil as I prayed asking the Lord to use me, to enable me to have a divine encounter orchestrated by Him for His kingdom purpose. I dressed myself in the full armor of God and headed out to help my daughter move.

Early in the morning, when I had posted on my Facebook status “Anointed, appointed and ready for my divine appointment! Lord here I am. Send me to that person whom someone prayed for~ As I pray that you send someone to those I've prayed for.....LOVE YOU LORD!!”, I had no idea whom my audience would be.

As I was loading into the moving truck and came down the ramp, I had my divine encounter. There were two women and a young boy about 6-7 years of age coming down the stairs of the complex. Immediately upon my eyes resting on them I felt my spirit go into intercession. One of the women was large in stature. Her physique resembled one of a man as well as her demeanor. She looked at me as we locked eyes while I continued to pray in the spirit. Then following after her was another woman who also possessed the same spirit but not as aggressive as the previous one. She passively looked at me but withdrew her gaze. The young boy walked alongside with his head down. I noticed the earrings he had on both ears and the swag he had in his step. His countenance was bent over as when a yoke is placed on the neck and chains pulling at him to follow the one who was holding the chain. I engaged in battle as I rebuked the spirits that were present and severed the root of homosexuality. My spirit could not rest until they were out of view. A powerful encounter of kingdoms transpired: the kingdom of Light versus the kingdom of darkness.

Even now as I am writing this, my spirit has been thrown into yet another deep cry of intercession, especially for the young boy. Truly our assignments do not end until God says it ends.

It is not for me to decipher whether I was effective in casting out these demons, but believing that the One who devised this encounter has fulfilled His purpose! For who can stand in the Presence of the Almighty and live!! Spirits bow down before Him recognizing His power and they must flee!

Had I not anointed my head; had I not prayed and had not I put on the whole armor of God my spirit would have not been prepared to discern and stand against what I faced. We cannot war without our battle dress or without the appropriate weapons as you read in Ephesians 6. There is a reason why God requires us to do so. Even as the work of the Cross accomplished victory, we must maintain it!

Each of our assignment will vary as the Lord orchestrates who, what, when, why AND how. Our responsibility is to be prepared in season and out of season enabling us to be physically and spiritually available at any given moment to stand in the presence of His chosen audience. This requires preparation and positioning yourself - spirit to Spirit to hear, to be strengthened, to be equipped, anointed and appointed to do His work.


WE ARE ALL AMBASSADORS PURPOSED TO OVERTHROW THE ENEMY’S KINGDOMS AND BUILD GOD’S!!! Not because of the gifts we possess or anything we do of our own but because greater is He who is within us than he who is in this world (1 Jn. 4:4)

The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity], To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound. ~ Luke 4:18-19 Amplified Bible

Let us be diligent in seeking our assignments daily and preparing for them by spending time with the One who equips us!! All for His Glory!!