Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Call to Holiness

Be Holy For I Am Holy

The Lord commanded us to be holy as He is holy, to be "holy in every aspect of (our) conduct" (see 1 Pt 1:15-16). Holiness is the very character of God, and our heavenly Father wants His children to act and look like Him. We are called to be a "holy nation" (1 Pt 2:9), and the Lord is coming back a final time for a holy Church, "holy and immaculate, without stain or wrinkle or anything of that sort" (Eph 5:27). Without holiness, we cannot go to heaven and see God (Heb 12:14).

This call demands a response.  It is a decision that will determine whether you see God in heaven or spend eternity in hell.  This is not an opinion but its the word of God. 

Holiness has been neglected to be preached in today's pulpit.  Why? Because it does not appease the flesh.  Its a message that brings conviction if it were spoken to a people who "do" church instead of "being" the church! 

People of God I implore you that you seek the word for yourself and allow it to minister to you.  Hear what the Spirit is saying and embrace the wisdom and revelation He desires to impart to you in regards to living in holiness.    If we say we are God's children and He dwells within us, then we must cleanse and purify our temples daily for a Holy God cannot abide in a place that is defiled and in darkness!!

I have heard the clarion call to holiness and I have purposed myself to submit before the Lord as well as to sound the trumpet as He has called me to do in this hour. 

Therefore, if you find yourself living a powerless life and ministry I beseech you to examine yourselves.  Allow the Lord to confront you with what is hindering you to walk in the resurrection power.  It could be that you have yet to lay your flesh down.  This may be a hard pill to swallow, but it is one that I myself had to push down my throat! 

I pray that you receive this message in the Love of Christ in which I offer to you today.